Did you know that polio, a crippling disease, could be eradicated in as little as two years from now? Since 1985, polio went from being present in 125 countries to only 4. Come learn about how it was done and how people are trying to wipe it out completely.
On April 22, you can:
- Watch a special screening of “The Final Inch,” a documentary about the successes and challenges of eradicating polio worldwide.
- View Images of India, photos by Joe Johnston.
- Listen to a polio survivor tell his story.
- Listen to first-hand experiences of immunizing children in India.
- Pick up a treat at the bake sale.
The event is at Santa Barbara City College in the BC Forum and begins at 6 p.m. Parking will be free if you enter at the West Campus kiosk.
VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.